By the way..why is that an expression? This is what webster says a trooper is...
trooper [ˈtruːpə]
n
1. (Military) a soldier in a cavalry regiment
2. (Law) US and Austral a mounted policeman
3. (Law) US a state policeman
4. (Military) a cavalry horse
5. (Military) Informal chiefly Brit a troopship
Pretty sure she was none of those today but she was my little trooper.
She didn't cry when they took her to the OR. She smiled and fist bumped the nurses.
We were told about an hour to hour and half after they get her iv in so about 2 hours from when they took her. It ended up taking about an hour. Praise the Lord because I was getting anxious after 1 hour. I am very thankful for Pinterest.com and Facebook.com to keep me busy. The waiting room also had Good Morning America on so I felt like I was getting up to date with the current events locally and nationally.
They came to get us and they warned us that she was not happy. She fought the nurses from the time they came out of the OR until Donnie and I got in the room. The nurse said usually they stay asleep until they are back but not Kylie. She let us know she was not happy anymore.
They removed the tonsils and did a balloon sinuplasty. I didn't know what sinuplasty was until today. I should have researched it, I know. Here is a link. http://www.balloonsinuplasty.com/what-is-balloon-sinuplasty/procedure-overview/ basically her sinus area was drained all the mucus and fluid that built up and the walls of her sinsus' swell and that fluid can't get out.
When we first saw her she has blood coming out of her nose, mouth, hands, it wasn't what I remembered from Kirsten's surgery.
She quickly calmed down when Donnie held her. She ended up drinking water and a few bits of chocolate pudding. The nurses were very impressed with how well she was doing and let us go home earlier then expected. Whether or not they just tell every parent that I don't know. I think she was doing great for not understanding what happened.
She's doing great here at home taking her fluids and meds when we wake her. Then she's quickly back to sleep. She whimpers a little and doesn't like the meds but she's our little trooper.
No comments:
Post a Comment