Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Trusting God

Most of you know we on a tight budget with three kids, yada yada yada...

Today, I actually measured out how much laundry soap we had, sorted the clothes that were more important and then tipped three used bottles upside down and put a little water in them to get every last drop out to be able to do three loads of laundry for the girls and Donnie's work clothes. (You might wonder why I have so many bottles. I always set them by the trash and count at the end of the year how many bottles of laundry soap we used. It's dumb I know. I have no real reason for doing this. Donnie doesn't get paid until next Wednesday so yes that is how bad it was this morning. I was so worried about how I was going to get my laundry done.

A friend posted this on facebook, " Worrying stops you from enjoying what you have by creating burdens God never intended for you to carry because they are His. Romans 8:32 & Matthew 6:27." I prayed about it and I said some how even if I have to take all the penny jars to the bank we will have enough clean clothes to make it a week.

While talked to my cousin on the phone about trusting God.... we were talking about giving an amount of money that we don't have in our budget to our church or to a charity ..what if...what if our kids need medicine. What if our car breaks down. If I give those pennies to our church and leave myself with nothing what am I going to do!?!? I said we'd have to pray about it and I didn't know the chapter or the verse but I said somewhere in the bible it says if you give you'll get it back multiplied....

Not even a minute later I went to pick up one of the bottles of laundry soap and ...it was COMPLETELY FULL! I mean the plastic was sealed. It was FULL! Never opened FULL BOTTLE of laundry soap. I'm not joking in the slightest. It was sitting on it's side next to the first three bottles I had tipped over. I was in mid sentence still on the phone with my cousin. I said You are going to think I'm crazy but I just found a full bottle of soap! She laughed and didn't think I was crazy. I don't know how I didn't notice it this morning when I filling and tipping the other bottles over.

I'm going to say this was a God Thing. Not all God Things have be big. This wasn't a huge thing but it was HUGE for me on this day. God is amazing. I have more miracles that have happened in the past few months and someday I will share them. Either I'm completely losing my mind or God is working in my life. I'm going to go with the second option. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment