Friday, February 25, 2011

What's one more thing...

Often I find myself busy....So what's one more thing?

I will use this blog to post my random thoughts and funny moments from the day. My facebook friends should thank me.

This morning at the grocery store I found myself saying , "Never a dull moment at our house!" Kylie decided to "help" me check out (in the self check lane).

She took one item scanned it, threw it back in the cart, and clapped. She felt like she did a great job.

Most days....I wouldn't take the time to see my 2 year old being a 2 year old.I would say, "You can't do that! STOP!" Today I just laughed and thanked her. I removed the item and placed it in the bagging area. Just in time for the cashier to walk over and ask if I needed any help.

Kylie then took the second item and wanted to do the process over again. After a little help from mom.... She filled all 11 items in one sack. She handed the cashier our coupons. Then smiled and said, "Mommy me like playing grocery store!"

That's when the cashier said, "I bet she keeps you busy." and I replied, " Never  a dull moment at our house!"

Most days I'm in a hurry and I admit that I am not very good at letting Kylie be Kylie. I will probably avoid the self check out next time. Even after reaching my friends house I complained about how long it took to do the speedy self check out with a 2 year old.

A few hours later though, I am very grateful for that time. I'm glad that I decided to let her be a kid. I do not usually let her do things like that and thinking back about how she was so excited and happy puts a smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment