Friday, June 3, 2011

Birthday Wishes...

Kirsten asked me what I want for my birthday. Usually when they ask me I say...
-Hugs and Kisses
-Breakfast in bed
-no fighting over a toys for a whole day
-a maid


Today (just to see what reaction I would get) I said....
-Brad Paisley's CD This Is Country Music or just an Itunes Card
-Barnes N Noble gift card so I can buy books on my nook
-Under Armour Shorts
-New attachment for my kitchen aid mixer

She looked at me funny and said "Mommy, you know that stuff costs money right? You have to pay me your money to go buy your birthday present."

I laughed and said, " yeah that's why I like getting hugs and kisses they are free."

She kept coloring for a little bit. Then she said," Mommy I wish I had asked for hugs and kisses on my birthday. The barbie I got lost it's head, the color books are all colored on, and my American Girl doll just stands there."

I told her. " well good thing I like givings hugs and kisses everyday so you don't have to wait for your birthday. "



Why can't life be this simple all the time? It makes me smile knowing that she kind of realizes that STUFF isn't all it's cracked up to be. Of course I would like to have those "things" for my birthday but mostly I would like to have a day of fun. To me fun can could be 100 things. Taking pictures outside, reading a book, going to a water park, watching a movie together, baking something together.

Donnie and I celebrate our birthdays the weekend between them. I really really really wanted to go back to KC but that is not in our budget. I'm trying to think of something around here that doesn't cost a lot to do.
Any ideas? Send them my way.

This year both actual birthdays we will be at Kendal's softball games. Every year we spend our birthday night at some kind of softball diamond. A couple years ago my "dear" friends brought a cooler of ice cream treats to the game. That was a lot of fun. Embarrassing but fun. Another year I surprised Donnie with a BBQ in our backyard after the game. He had a bunch of friends show up from out of town even. That was fun. I know whatever we do will be a great memory.

1 comment:

  1. I have an idea...send the girls to our house and go out on a date. Really!

    ReplyDelete