Saturday, August 20, 2011

 Somewhere, some lucky guy's having a heart attack
-Bucket List

Have you ever seen the movie Bucket List? No, Donnie doesn't have a life ending disease. Donnie has wanted to do some kind of marathon or triathlon for a while. It was on his "bucket list". Today he was able to check it off. For two years he has been working on being more healthy. He lost over 30 pounds and works hard every week to keep the weight off. He runs, bikes, does P90x almost every night after work. It's very rare for him to miss a day. A friend and his Dad asked him about doing the McPherson Triathlon this year. He started training about a month ago. Today all his hard work paid off.

"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on."
Lance Armstrong


I am so proud and excited for him. Donnie placed 63rd out of 200. He cut his swim time down more then a minute from his practice time. He didn't think he could run a block after biking one night a few weeks. Today he swam 200m, rode 7 miles, and ran 2 miles in less then an hour. I think his time was around 47 min 30 seconds. Our friend, Brandy and her sister in law were part of it. They rocked it too. I have so much respect for these three. They did something I have no desire in the world to do. They didn't complain, they didn't pass out at the finish line. They finished with smiles and achievement. Good job guys!

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever."
Lance Armstrong

Here are some pictures from this morning.

Before the race.

Kristen and Brandy

Kaden

Waiting to start the race.
People do not lack strength; they lack will - Victor Hugo

Brandy entering the water.

Finishing the swim part.

Donnie was 154 of 200, so he started the race later. 

Ending lap 2 and starting lap 3.

Lap 4.


YOU DID IT!!! Finishing the swimming.

The end of the biking leg.

Start of the running leg.

Almost done!

FINISH LINE! GOOD JOB!

"Running takes balls. Other sports just play with them."
~Unknown

I have seen Donnie play several sports but I have never been more proud then today. He worked so hard and felt great afterwards!

3 comments:

  1. WOW! This is so great! I'm proud of them too! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud, Donnie! And you're such a supportive wife, Jena! I know how much time is invested in training for races like these, so I'm sure he feels lucky that you help him accomplish these goals by giving him the time he needs to train. You're a good team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome!! And so cool for your girls to see him work hard and succeed at something like that! He's a stud. Maybe he should be our trainer!

    ReplyDelete