Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pumpkin Cookies

I KNOW THREE BLOGS IN 24 HOURS! WHAT THE FRUIT LOOP!

I am going insane. I sit and sit and I can't handle one more reality show...so I baked cookies yesterday and today. I made the batter yesterday then finished them today. I actually wanted to pass out after scooping the last of them.

Here is the recipes and you must try them because they are really good.



Yes, they should look like pumpkins since they are Pumpkin Sugar Cookies but they do not. It's "S" week and Kylie wanted spiders instead of santas.

Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
(I stole this from a website then changed parts of it.)

3/4 cup crisco-butter flavor
1 cup pumpkin
1 egg yolk
1 t. vanilla

Mix all of those well then slowly add the following...

2 1/4 cups flour...I used about 2 giant cups of flour I didn't measure them well.
1 t. pumpkin spice
1 t. cinnamon
Few shakes of salt

Put in frig an hour or my case overnight. Then roll out between two pieces of wax paper. Use your favorite cookie cutter.

Bake 350 F about 5-8 minutes. The timer went off at 5 minutes but I kept thinking "why is the timer going off" then it hit me so they actually stayed in a tad longer.


Pumpkin Mix Cookies

These are my favorite. Again I stole the recipe then added and deleted some of the stuff..

2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
1 T cinnamon
1 t. pumpkin spice
1 Cup pumpkin
1 t. vanilla

Mix Well then slowly add the following...

2 cups flour (again used a big scoop didn't level it)
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
Few shakes of salt

Mix well with blender. Now by hand add the following

1 handful chocolate chips- I use semi sweet
1 handful chopped walnuts
3 boxes of raisins. The little boxes. I bought a package of six.

When you have everything mixed then I used a large ice cream scoop and put about 9 cookies to a sheet pan. Bake 350 F for about 10 minutes. If they look like they need more time I added about 3 minutes.

If you really want to enjoy these cookies you need to go to Lincoln Perk and get a Pumpkin Spice Latte. But ask for half the pumpkin syrup, 1 pump vanilla, and a sprinkle of real cinnamon. It's the best latte around. will kill me for telling you give a special order but it is amazing.

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment