Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day 3 of Thankful November

Today I am struggling to find things to be thankful for but despite that struggle I have come up with a few..bare with me...

Silent Button/Mute Button- What would we do without these buttons. When you are busy and the cell phone rings you can hit silent and it's all quiet. What did our moms do? Rush over and grab the phone or let it ring and add the sound to the chaos? What about the mute button. When you are watching the news for the weather... hit mute and your 6 year old beside you doesn't have to ask why they are sending a man to jail for beating a defenseless child. (I could really blog on that topic... Another day)

Understanding Ears-I had a CRAZY...I mean CRAZY afternoon I called a great friend to listen to me vent (and she wasn't speed dialing the looney bin afterwards. At least I don't think she was...it's possible. ) She was so great and gave me some great advice. I don't know what I would do without her.

Donnie walked in at 3:30 and had to hear about my craziness and instead of saying "Why are you telling me this" or "What do you want me to do about it?" He kissed my forehead and said "It will be okay" and you know what...I really felt like it will be okay.  Thank you for the two sets of understanding ears.

Foil pans- I had two foil pans I was going to use for a craft project but decided instead to use for dinner. It gave me one less thing to clean afterwards. I know it's wasteful. But who ever invented them is my hero.

Eye Insurance- Today Kirsten needed a new prescription for glasses. This is the third pair of lens in three years. I wanted to cry because these puppies are expensive. As I waited to hear the damage the lady said "Please sign this your insurance will cover it 100%" I asked her if she was sure and she was for sure. (I even have a piece of paper to prove it when I pick them up.) Thank you health insurance. I don't know how families without insurance are not living in a box on the street. I'm not joking in any form. It makes me sad to think what people without insurance must go through. Very sad.

Family Dinners- Donnie is working his 8th night shift since he started his new job. 7 meals have been either with a friend, with family, or at mcdonalds. This week alone we have not eaten together. Sunday we had family over for Don's birthday. Monday we had friends eat with us. Tuesday we had McDonalds. Wednesday we had Chili on the go to Hide N Seek. Tonight was the first meal we ate without him at our own table. Just the four of us. Tomorrow night I work at 5 so we won't get to have dinner together until Saturday. One full week between a family dinner. Not cool. I keep telling myself this is a season and it will pass. Until then I'm going to be extra thankful for those family dinners.

Cake Pan Exchange- In our small town you hear about so n so having this pan or that pan for their kid's birthday party. Tonight I got the tinker bell face pan from one friend to make my cousin's birthday cake. It's the little things that make me smile. Instead of spending $15 on the pan or the gas to drive to Wichita to rent it and then return it. We can borrow it. I have several pans if anyone ever needs one let me know.

Random Findings- Sometimes in my screen door, church mailbox, our mailbox I find cards, pictures, scripture, and even money. When these things happen I don't have a person to thank they are always unsigned. I thank God for this random bliss. If you are reading this blog and you know what I'm talking about...you are one amazing person. Thank you. You don't know how much it meant to me.

1 comment:

  1. Crazy is right. And babe, if you go to the looney bin, I am going there with you!!

    ReplyDelete