If you have Facebook you've noticed people are listing something they are thankful for each day until Thanksgiving. I try every year but end up forgetting. Everyone puts their spouse, children, etc. I am VERY VERY thankful for my husband and children. But here are some uncommon things I'm thankful for....
1. Kitchen Aid Mixer--Growing up I watched my Great Grandma sweat to make us bierrocks, angel food cakes, noodle dough, no bake cookies. I love my Kitchen Aid. Grandma Ella told me she never wanted one of "those things" but I eyed my Grandma Norma's. I always wanted one. I was lucky enough to get one as a wedding gift and it's one gift I can say I use at least once a week if not daily. I just love my Kitchen Aid. It's classic white doesn't have a fancy bowl and functions. Just the basic model and it works wonders.
2. Cold Gallon of Milk- It's so easy to go to my frig and pour some milk for cereal or the girls. Grandpa Howard worked 40 hours a week or more at a "real" job. But all his life he grew up on a farm. He woke up to do chores for the animals. He checked on them as soon as he got home and then before bed he did another round of chores. Those animals supplied us with milk, eggs, and meat. I do miss having those fresh things but I am thankful that we have it easy. If you think about it he worked a second job his whole life from childhood. He could sell those things and make money for the family. He was always providing for us.
3. Crafty Itch- If you to Walmart with my Grandma Norma you will end up by the fabric. If you go out of town with her you will end up at JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby. The car just leads the way. I'm so thankful for that itch to sew, hot glue something, make a cute craft from a can....I just love finding easy, inexpensive crafts. I love even more that it reminds me of growing up with my Grandma.
4. Automatic Cars- I'm sure stick shift isn't that hard but I never learned how to do it. My Dad took me out one time to try. It took me about 30 minutes to decide I will never drive a stick. If I am stranded and the only car available is stick then I guess I'll be sitting there until someone comes to get me.
5. Photographs--My kids think I'm crazy. I always want a picture. For Christmas I tell them the only gift I want is a family photo. They don't understand that I do not have a lot of photos from growing up. We moved so many times that they were lost or ruined. My siblings and I were split up to live with different Grandparents so the only pictures I have of us together are on holidays. I want my girls to have pictures of each other and doing things together.
6. Music- I can not carry a tune to save my life. Seriously. I'm not joking. No one wants to hear my sing. But I do all the time. In my car and around the house. Kendal would like to ring my neck it drives her crazy. She must know I'm tone deaf. Kirsten loves to sing too. Kylie likes to make up her own songs. I love turning up the music to clean, sew, work on bills, fold laundry, etc. I would rather have the music going then t.v. My first concert was Vince Gill and Patty Loveless. I was a cool kid. Let me tell you.
I have more "things" to be thankful for but these came to mind first.
No comments:
Post a Comment