Sunday, January 15, 2012

Equipped

Wonderful weekend...

Saturday...

Kendal and Donnie tried ice skating.She lasted about 45 minutes and then discovered she had a blister on her foot. She then became in able to walk without a limp. The skating trip wasn't a huge success but she said it was AWESOME so 45 minutes was well worth it. Donnie has a video on his ipod. Once we figure out how to load it on here I will post it.

Kirsten, Kylie, and I went to Cake Stuff. If you haven't gone to that store then you are missing out! It's a small store but there are wall to wall ideas, decorations, pans, icing colors, cookie cutters...a bakers dream. I didn't even spend a penny though. I am very proud of myself. I did take a notebook and wrote down about $40 worth of stuff I NEED before I make their birthday cakes. Of course I got home and realized half of it I really didn't need so thankfully I didn't impulse buy. http://cakestuffonline.com/

Saturday evening we spent watching movies. The girls had Muppet's In Outer Space...cute, Miss Piggy and Gonzo are my favorites. Donnie and I watched Contagion. Can't say that it was a great movie. It was slow at times. It did make me realize how unclean we are as humans. The fact that we touch our faces 3 to 5 times every minute. Crazy. I know I don't wash my hands that often so everything I'm touching in between those times..nasty.


Sunday...

To church we went! I joined an awesome new "sunday school" class. Actually, I sat by the front doors and talked with friends. I haven't talked to them other then an e-mail and quick hi and good bye passing in town,  in over a year. I think that worked out perfectly. Our church recently hired a new Youth Pastor and we had his Installation service today.  If you want to check out things at our church you can watch the You tube videos, Corey Burkholder updates usually every week. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azds_6rKxSY&feature=share

From 12-5 we did absolutely nothing...Kylie and I made some cookies and brownies. The older two played legos, board games, ps3. Donnie watched football..but really we just hung out at home. It was so relaxing this afternoon. We didn't have to go anywhere. Loved it!

About 5 I decided we might need dinner or something to eat. I looked at several cornbread taco casserole recipes. After looking in the kitchen we had bits and pieces of the recipes but not all the ingredients that they called for so I experimented. Actually Donnie helped tonight. It was so nice to have him home during dinner time. Something I have taken for granted over the last 6 years.

Back track....Donnie worked 2nd shift, then 3rd shift, then first shift, then third shift...for the first 6 years of living together. He wasn't home a lot at dinner time. In the last few months he has been working his second job so he isn't home 3 nights a week and then I'm gone one night a week. So that gets us back to dinner time tonight....

Donnie browned the hamburger, mixed up the cornbread, and washed some dishes afterwards. Amazing Man...

Here is what you need..

1 pie pan
1 package of cornbread mix

Grease your pie pan with pam or whatever spray...mix the cornbread in a bowl according to the package label and pour it into the pie pan. Bake about 10 minutes or until it's golden.

Meanwhile...

1 pound of hamburger
1/4 of an onion (Chopped)

Brown the hamburger and add the onion once it starts to turn brown.

Add one can of refried beans. Mix well.

About the time the cornbread should be done. Spread the hamburger mixture over the top.

1/2 can of diced tomatoes or 1 roma tomato
Avocado (I only put about half of it on in a small area since I'm the only one that will eat that.)

Sprinkle those on top then sprinkle 1 cup of shredded cheese.

Bake about 10 minutes until the cheese has melted.

Top with shredded lettuce, salsa, and sour cream.

Sides Uncle Ben's Spanish Rice and Corn.


Easy dinner and it actually turned out okay. It was different but Donnie and I agreed we would eat it again. The girls thought we were torturing them and said it was weird. Kirsten and Kendal ate the toppings just not the cornbread. Kylie ate her 3 bites and was thankful she has two more months until she turns 4. (1 bite per year of age is my rule)

I hope that there are more wonderful weekends ahead. I know this wasn't an exciting, funny, awesome blog tonight. I just wanted to make a hard copy so when things get busy again I can come back and remember that there is a reason Donnie is working his butt off to pay down our doctor bills. We may not own our home, have a nice suv, or go on big vacations. Not that there is anything wrong with those things. Trust me I wish I had them. Right now we are not equipped to handle those things.

1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

I am equipped to handle a simple weekend with my husband and my girls. To that I am grateful and praising the Lord.





No comments:

Post a Comment