I may have a slight coupon problem.
Last night I had a dream that Target, Dillons, and Walmart stopped taking coupons. They just refused. There was a riot and people were mad. Throwing bricks in the store. It was horrible. People went insane.
This morning I was thinking...what if that really happened? What would I do to save money?!!?
Here is a website I saw on t.v. a few weeks ago and my friend posted on my facebook page.
http://thekrazycouponlady.com/
I also use the Dillons plus card and load coupons onto my card. I can also print coupons from Dillon's website.
Target offers coupons on their website you can pick which ones you want to print and take them to the store.
Walgreens gives you coupons for money towards your next purchase. So if you buy enough your next trip will be free and then you get more coupons and it just creates an endless cycle of free stuff. Wonderful.
Sunday papers the Hutch and Wichita papers. Last week I got a coupon for $1.00 off any hair product. I went to Dillons and searched their "CLOSEOUT" products. They had a detangler for 1.98. I had two coupons so I got two bottles for .98 each. The cool thing was that it was normally a $4 bottle of detangler.
I have a closet in my hallway with enough shampoo, conditioner, body wash, razors to make it through this year. For a few months we were tight on money so I didn't have to buy any of that stuff. It really helped a lot. It's not always our favorite brand but it gets us clean!
I make menus and buy the foods on sale for those two weeks or week. I make the meals a head of time. Sometimes we are not hungry for what I have made up but we eat it because it's food and it saved us money. So you have to learn to not be picky.
I spend a few hours a week doing this but I'm saving our family more money then I would working those hours and paying for a babysitter. I know I have a few friends that say they don't have time for it and they don't want to become a shampoo hoarder. I understand but I'm not "krazy coupon lady" I have never bought stuff we won't use.
I average a savings of $40-60 dollars every trip. I go every two weeks. I go to four stores. You can't stay at just one store you have to make your lists and I put my coupons in groups and it takes some time. I do take Kylie with me 80% of the time. She is not always happy about it but she goes.
Anyway, if Target, Walmart, and Dillons stop taking coupons...one of you might have to bail me out of jail. Just sayin'......
No comments:
Post a Comment