I borrowed my Grandparents mini van so we could all ride together. I do miss having the room but I do not miss driving a van. I felt like I was in a semi compared to our small car.
First stop the banks. Amber's bank gave us 5 suckers. Remember Leilah isn't old enough for one. This information will come in later in the post. We pumped up the music and made our way out of town.
First stop Dicks Sporting Goods. Kendal needed to try on cleats. They had the size above and the size below what she needed. Kylie was trying on every shoe she could find. Kirsten was asking why she can't have new tennis shoes. She got a new pair less than a month ago. Emelie was refusing to use the bathroom. Leilah was the little angel smiling and cooing at everyone that walked by. Shoes didn't work out so we went to look at bats. I know nothing about softball bats. I really wasn't sure how tall she was either. When the salesman asked how tall she was I just said "I know she's more then 48 inches because she can ride roller coasters!" He didn't even break a smile. (RUDE!) Amber knows softball so I let her take over. I can't even tell you what size we ended up buying because I have no clue. Somewhere in the middle of this 4 of them needed to use the bathroom. 7 of us made it to the check out counter and Kendal remembered her skunk was missing. (Yes, I said skunk. She has a opossum, snake, turtle...all kinds of weird stuffed animals) Found the skunk, paid and left the first store. I was ready to go home!
Off to The Children's Place. They sent me an email yesterday, $5 tank tops and a15% off coupon. The e-mail seriously said "Our Mother's Day gift to you!" Hook line and sinker I was reeled in! We spent the first 10 minutes getting the girls away from the headbands and focusing on which colors they all liked. We had to get colors that semi matched for the photo. Kirsten picked pink. Kendal picked blue. Kylie wanted pink but Kirsten had already picked pink and I didn't want two of them wearing the same exact shirt. I should really learn to pick my battles!! So Kylie settled with a purple shirt and I bought the pink shirt for a different day. Went to the dressing room. Kendal's shirt was too big so we had to find a new one and they didn't have the one she wanted in the size she wanted. (not a good day for Kendal on sizes) Kirsten found a pair of sandals that were ONLY $12! "ONLY MOM PLEASE! " I traded two extra chores and she had to agree not to argue with Kendal the rest of the day. We checked out at the second store and headed to Spangles.
Kendal made it clear she would not be eating there. "It's nasty everything has grease on it!" The rest of us enjoyed our artery clogging meal and she sat with her arms folded pouting. I told her if she didn't want anything I would get her what she wanted but not until we were done. I asked her four different times if she was sure there wasn't something she could eat there. Nope.
We had originally planned to go to the park in Old Town to take pictures. Our new plan was drive to Newton. It was one step closer to home. It was now noon and we knew we didn't have long before total melt down would occur.
Camp Hawk, it's South of Newton, had a really nice patch of grass and big trees. We were going to change into their new tank tops, snap some shots, go to walmart and be done. Mission complete!
NOT! Kirsten and Kendal needed to pee. They had the bathroom open (Thank goodness). Kylie needed to poop. But she couldn't just go in and go she had to sit there and sing. She had to ask why it smelled like dead fish. She wanted to know why the moths were flying around. She wanted to know how they know to change the toilet paper if it's out in the country. The list went on.
Clothes changed and the melt down began. Kylie wanted Emelie's headband. She didn't like the purple bow that matched PERFECTLY with her shirt. Emelie was gracious to let her borrow it for one picture but then wanted it back. It was new and I don't blame her. Kylie went south from there out. She refused to look at the camera. Leilah was not fond of the grass. She was crying. Amber and I were doing our best not to jump in the van and cry ourselves. In the middle of it Kylie took her drink and spilled it down her new purple shirt. She got to wear the extra pink one I bought. Lucky duck.
That should have been the end but no...we proceeded to Walmart. On a Saturday. Remember the 5th sucker. Kylie found it in the purse and wanted it. Then Emelie wanted it. Then I took it and threw it away causing them to both not like me. The "instant" photos actually make you wait 9 minutes. Then there is a line of 3 families waiting to get their "instant" photos. Amber forgot her wallet in the car. I couldn't find my card. We were a mess. I think we ran into 3 families we knew and all of them said something along the lines of "You look tired" "Crazy day to be in Walmart" "Oh wow, you have a cart full of kids".
When we finally got back to Amber's unloaded things. It was a little crazy today... but it was fun. We made a memory. Our girls got shopping time with Mommy. They They told Donnie all about how much fun they had and where they go to go. So if they thought it was a great day then it was a great day!
Emelia
Kirsten- She wanted to pose like this.
Kendal- Telling me to please hurry.
Kylie- not liking her bow.
With the headband I got a small smile out of her.
Leilah-Grass is not okay!
Hey they are all looking in the direction of the camera! We have a keeper!
Kylie was NOT HAPPY! I think I might make a scrapbook of all her awkward family photos. I could add her quotes and make some money. Well I don't know if I would make any money. I might get some laughs. As long as I don't sell it to the Dicks Sporting Goods guy. It's safe to say we earned the right to celebrate Mother's Day tomorrow.
Happy Mother's Day to all and to all a good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment