Sunday, July 8, 2012

Butterfly Palace

My camera has about 100 pictures on it and we took a disposable water camera with another 30-ish. To save everyone from picture overload I am going to blog different things about the trip in the next day or so.

Tonight's blog: Butterfly Palace

After staying at a cheap CHEAP motel on the first night. I mean this place was so cheap they didn't have internet. They didn't have a free breakfast. I would say camping in a tent would be about the same experience. SOOO.. We get up and decide to explore Branson. We had been warned to stay off the main road. Which we did for the most part. But we were not warned that EVERY road is a twisting turning road block. The GPS would say 2.3 miles and it would take 20 minutes to get there. It is very busy everywhere.

Our first stop was the Butterfly Palace. We typed the name into the GPS and set off. We arrived at an empty parking lot. Not cool. We typed in the actually address and about 40 minutes of wasted driving ended up on the other side of town at the butterfly palace. Note to self: Type in the actual address


 This room was really awesome. They make us go into three sets of doors and made sure we sealed the next set so you didn't let a butterfly out.


You were not allowed to touch the butterflies. If they landed on you, it was okay. They would walk along the ground so you had to be extra careful not to step on them. Kylie and I laid on our tummies and just watched one walk across the floor.


They had a maze for the kids to walk through. It looked like a room full of bungee cords. There was a maze room of mirrors. I didn't take any pictures because it was dark in there. Kylie kept walking into the mirrors. I was afraid she was going to hurt herself. We made it out of the maze thankfully unharmed.



This window showed the stages of a butterfly's life but not with pictures or a video..real live stages! The girls were telling us about it for the next couple of hours. They loved learning about them.


We were there for over an hour and paid around $50 for the family. I think it was expensive but worth it. They learned a lot and we had a great time. I would recommend it to any families going to Branson in the future. Just make sure you have the correct address! It's across from the old celebration city that is now closed down.

After the Butterfly Palace we went to the patio home. We are so fortunate to get to stay there. I can not get over how wonderful it was to stay in a home. We didn't have to live in our suitcase. We were able to have our own rooms and even bathrooms. I am so thankful. Pointe Royale was the name of the resort area. A couple from our church owns the patio home. So that is how we got the "hook up". I have more to share about this place but I'll save it for another blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment