Monday, July 2, 2012

Coolest Gift EVER! I mean it, EVER!

As you get older the gifts on your birthdays are few and far between. At least for me they are few and far between.

Friday night I was going to see Magic Mike with my Aunt Erin. We had it all planned out. Then we found out it was sold out. BOO! So we are postponing our date for a couple weeks.

Donnie made me breakfast then left to get me a latte from Lincoln Perk. Kendal woke up while he was gone and made me another breakfast. I did eat both of them. That could have been the end of the day and I would have had a great birthday. We went to McPherson water park and the girls had a blast for a few hours. We decided when Donnie starts to turn red it's our que to leave. For dinner my Aunt Shawn had us over for a bbq. We left very full! The whole day was great.

Sunday morning we went to church and headed out to the movies. The girls have been asking to see Brave, F.O.R.E.V.E.R. So we took them to see it. I really really really wanted to see Magic Mike. Donnie wouldn't care if I watched it but I wanted to be with my family. (I really want to see that movie though!!) (I mean I really really want to see it!!)  Brave was very cute. A few "dark" moments but no one was scared or worried. They laughed and giggled through almost the whole movie. There is a really cute short film before Brave starts. I love those! Pixar does such a great job.

My birthday weekend was great. I would not have changed it for the world.

The coolest gift ever arrived today!


Organized and filed! Packed with everything you need to send a card! Just amazing. I LOOOOOOVE IT!

Just a sample at the beautiful cards that were inside.


Piper must have spent hours making these beautiful cards. I just couldn't get over it. I had to open each one and read them. She has such a talent! I haven't blogged to much about Piper but she is battling breast cancer right now. I know she has been tired and not feeling the greatest everyday. Plus she just has normal life busy stuff going on. I just cried thinking about all the time and effort she put into my gift!!


Donnie has been asking for an adidas Nebraska golf shirt for years. He always points them out to me. I always tell him he already has a red shirt or really do you have to have it? It just hasn't been something we could justify buying. Pat and Piper sent him that shirt today. He was smiling from ear to ear. We don't get to see Piper or Pat ever. We don't get to drive over for Sunday dinners or meet for ice cream. We just live to far away and yet they knew two perfect gifts for us. I feel so blessed to have them in our lives.


We did get several cards with cash, gift cards, movie tickets... those are all AWESOME too. We are getting ready for Branson and all of that will be used on our trip. Thank you, everyone for thinking of us and sharing your love and time with us in the last few weeks.


1 comment:

  1. This is so cool Jena! I love your thankful, appreciative heart!

    ReplyDelete