We arrived at the park. Made sure the spare set of keys were in my purse, zipped, and attached to me at all times. I stood in line for 20 minutes to find out I was in the wrong place for lost in found. Donnie took the girls to look at some shops while I stood in another line. It was well worth the wait. They had the keys! Someone had actually turned them in!! I was so happy. I almost skipped down to Donnie. I probably would have fallen on my face so I decided against it.
Kendal really wanted to try the big roller coaster that had been shut down the first day. Donnie took her and we agreed to meet in 2 hours for lunch. We had packed lunch in the car because I am cheap and now I was going to figure a way to save that $60 we had spent the day before.
SIDE NOTE: Today (July 9th!) I found out that there was this whole kid area that we never once saw while we were at silver dollar city. I am really disappointed in myself. I think we looked at the map 100 times that day. I never saw the Grand Explosion area. I want to kick myself!
| Kirsten and Kylie wanted to try the train. We got on this time and had a fun trip around the park. |
These are the robbers that tried to steal all our gold and silver. Kylie gave them her stick of beef jerky. She told them she didn't have any gold or silver. They got a kick out of that. The one robber told her thanks for lunch. She said, "You need more than that for lunch! You will be hungry!" He just laughed.
At noon a group of young girls did a clogging show. They invited children from the crowd up on stage. Kylie and Kirsten ran at the chance. They learned a new dance and performed it in front of everyone. Kirsten said she wants to be a SDC clogger when she grows up. They were so cute.
The three of us found the salt water taffy store. I did buy some and some how it didn't make it back to Hesston. I may or may not have eaten most of it myself. Note to self: Buy more salt water taffy.
Donnie and Kendal came back and told me how cool wildfire and powder keg were. They loved the rides. The five of us went on another water ride. You get "gun" to spray people and targets. Then other people can spray you back. We were drenched but it felt great in the heat!
The girls were hungry so we decided we would go eat. I told Donnie the younger two were bored to death and didn't want to be there anymore. Kirsten said she wanted to take a nap that is how bored she was! We started to walk out for lunch and remembered the cave tour. It was going to start in 20 minutes so waited. We waited 20 minutes and the tour took an hour.
This is Donnie waiting for the tour. I think he was secretly plotting how to get rid of a whiny wife and three whiny kids. "It's hot." "We are hungry!" "This is boring!" I did apologize today when I realized there were more rides. If I had realized that we would have had a different experience at Silver Dollar City.
The Cave tour was amazing! The big room was HUGE they told us they once put 5 hot air balloons in it! I have no pictures because it was so dark the camera wouldn't work. The picture they took of our family Kylie wasn't looking. Kendal looked like she was kidnapped and we weren't her family. Kirsten was hanging on my arm. It just looked horrible. I wasn't paying 20 dollars. Little did I know that would be the ONLY family picture for our whole trip. Note to self: Buy the over priced picture, it's a memory!
We left SDC. Ate lunch in the car and decided we had wasted that money on the tickets. I couldn't believe we had driven 6 hours for that. I was so upset. Kendal was the only one that enjoyed SDC.
I promise this vacation gets better. Please stick with me! I'm not a Debbie downer all the time. We went to White Water after eating lunch. We had a BLAST! The girls loved it. We swam all afternoon and evening. It was so much fun! I have to get the pictures from our disposable water camera developed. (weird to take a camera in with real film in it) That will be my next blog but probably tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment