Wednesday, July 11, 2012

White Water

Day 2 1/2-3 Of Branson Trip: White Water

White Water is a big water park. It's just swimming, slides, splashing, wave pool...AWESOME. Everyone of us voted this our favorite thing in Branson. Once inside you need almost no money. I went in with $10 and came out with $8. If you have a Silver Dollar City cup they will refill it for about $1.50. We didn't buy a locker, no cost for tube rentals, no cost for chairs, life jackets for all sizes for free.  You can not bring food in though. So we took a cooler with cheese sticks, grapes, chips, and apples. We went out to the car once on the full day we were there and had a snack.

I can't post pictures because apparently you have to send off film these days. :) I hope I get it back soon. I'll post pictures when I do.

Kalani TowersIt's only 75 ft down a 300 foot slide! You take a sled to the top and go down face first on your tummy.  You have to be 42 inches to ride on it. Kylie barely made the cut. She is probably 41 1/2 inches tall. But they let her go down! She wasn't scared at all! She loved it. I think we did this at least 10 times. The line seemed a tad long but never more then 5 minutes.

Splashaway Cay: This was our second favorite spot. They had 4 or 5 slides for all ages to go on. A huge bucket that dumps water every few minutes. Tons of lawn chairs for parents to sit in while the kids do their thing. Super fun!

Ohana Falls:  This is a four person large tube you sit in as a family. It takes you down a twisty slide. Only problem was 4 people at a time. So each time we had to split up. That caused Kendal and Kirsten to fight a little. They got over it once we were down. This took about 20 minutes in line. We only went on it twice. It was fun but not worth standing there again for 20 minutes.

Wave Pool:  Like any wave pool it runs on a timer. The girls seemed to really like it. I got a lot of laughs watching them each get taken down by a wave. Maybe that is a mean mom. I don't know. It was just funny. They thought they could stand their ground and every time they were attacked. The life guards require all small children to wear a life jacket. I thought that was a nice rule. There are tubes in the wave pool to use so you do not have to carry one from place to place.

There are many many more slides and things to do there. I can't remember everything. It was the most fun we had the whole time in Branson. We spent a day and half there and could have spent another day.

If you go there take: Sunscreen, towel, FLIP FLOPS (sidewalks are HOT! You can leave your flip flops at the entrance of everything. No one touches them.), Smiles, Silver Dollar City cup, and swim suit. You will be set!

After we went home and cleaned up we went to the Tanger Outlet Mall. They had a lot of popular stores and tons of discounts. We didn't buy anything really. Donnie and I got some cheap $5 sunglasses. Kylie spent her money at the Disney store. Kirsten went to Justice and got a new outfit. Kendal saved her money. I think I would have spent more time at the Nike store or Harry and David but the girls are not shoppers. They were bored.


We kept debating about which place to eat and I finally said "The next place we see we are eating there!" It was the Outback Oyster Grill. Little did I know it was expensive and smoking inside. I didn't realize all of this until we had waited for our table and sat down. It was 8 o'clock we were starving and tired. So I said fine we will just eat here. We had alligator bites! They were actually pretty good. Kendal said she would not eat them because she doesn't eat food that can eat her! The other two girls just tried one bite and that was enough. Donnie and I thought it tasted like chicken. It wasn't bad. The girl's kid meals came with a free ride at the Trak Race tracks.

Tummies full, sun burnt and ready for bed that was the best day in Branson!



No comments:

Post a Comment