Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Only at the Kluver House

Here is the background story to the funny chaos at our house tonight...

Kendal about 6 months ago made a sign on her bedroom door that reads, "No Guns or Knives Allowed" she then drew pictures of them and put a circle and slash on them. She saw the signs at local business stores and thought it was great.

Today, she was hanging new signs on her door. I was laughing at the no guns or knives. I really hope she never has to worry about someone bringing those items to her room. Kylie said she wanted to make the same sign for her door. We all laughed.

I asked Kirsten and Kylie to clean their room while I was at work. I got home and it wasn't clean. I told them no t.v. or computer until it's cleaned up.


Tonight we went to get a birthday gift for our niece that turned 5. I let Kylie pick out the gift thinking she would learn "it's better to give than to receive"...Oh no. She bawled all the way out the door. Kendal spotted a dinosaur egg for a dollar. She asked if Kirsten and Kylie paid her 50 cents each she would clean their room when we got home. Kylie said no. Kirsten agreed. I said whatever makes you guys happy and the room clean! I pitched in the 50 cents from Kylie.

We get home and Kendal goes to work on the room. Kylie sees me wrapping the present and says, "If Lindzee doesn't like her toy can I have it?"
I told her I think Lindzee will really like it.
She said, "No she won't because I'm going to tell her she doesn't like it!"
I told her that wasn't nice and I really hope she doesn't say that to Lindzee at her party.

Kylie folds her arms and stomps to her room. She yells, "I'M REALLY MAD!" and gets on her bed.

Kendal is still cleaning Kylie's room. Kylie tells Kendal, "If you don't get out of my room... I'm going to take a gun and knife to your room!!"

I'm in the hallway laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes. "I'm going to take a gun and a knife to your room!" hahaha. I know that sounds violent and might scare people that a 4 year old says that. But I know she's just mad and thinking of something she knows will drive Kendal crazy. She would never really get a gun, because we don't own one. She could reach the knives but I'm about 98% sure we have scared her to death showing her Donnie's fingers. She won't be touching knives.

Anyway...just a little laughter from our house today.

No comments:

Post a Comment