I debated about blogging this. I didn't want to admit to watching Magic Mike. That should be the first clue that it isn't worth watching. If you don't want anyone to know you watched it!
My aunt took me out for my birthday. (Yes, it was a few weeks late but we are both so busy.) We thought the movie was going to be funny and a girls night out! It was actually depressing and gross.
I would not recommend watching it. I have several friends (I know you are reading this now.) that liked it. They would watch it again. The movie shows the life of a male stripper. Drugs, Drinking, Multiple partners, money, and the results of those things going bad. I should have done some research on what the movie was actually about before saying, "I WANT TO GO SEE IT!"
I would definitely watch Brave again over Magic Mike. I won't deny that Channing Tatum is very attractive and has some nice dance moves. The best part of the movie, when he is dancing he is full clothed. The acting was horrible. Almost like they were making up their lines as they went. Just not believable.
I read several blogs that stated if you watch this you are disrespecting your husband. If you watch it you are not honoring God. I feel like you an turn cable on you are doing the same thing then. If you watch The Voice and see Christina's boobs hanging out. Or America's Got Talent the weirdo people that come out in speedos and dance on a pole. You could say that Brave was dishonoring God. They have spells and a witch. If you are going to state that Magic Mike is disrespecting your spouse then you should look at everything you watch. Donnie had no issue with me going to the movie. He thought it was funny when I came home and said I didn't like the movie. He said "Told you it would be stupid." Every movie/show/song/book you watch could in some way be a sin. No sin is worse than another. You watch a movie about gambling, stealing, cheating...it's all bad.
So, that's my thoughts. Sorry if you disagree.
No comments:
Post a Comment