Last Sunday after our Branson trip I got an e-mail about the Elementary school parents group, H. El. P. They needed a secretary. I thought about it for about 5 seconds and hit reply. My e-mail said something like," Did you find anyone, if so it's completely okay. " They did not have anyone. The very next night they were having a meeting. I said I would go and if it sounded like something I could handle I would do it. Guess who the new Help Secretary is!?!? :) Each second Monday I'll go to a HELP Meeting. I really think this is an awesome group. I had no idea how much time and effort was put into the school picnic, enrollment, etc. I learned so much in one meeting. It was awesome! Did you know the teachers get a cake once a month for birthdays?! Another mom sets it all up and delivers them. I had no idea. All this behind the scene stuff.
In May, The committee I'm on at church, Personal Service, needed a chair person. Being as everyone else was not going to stay on the committee they asked me. (I'm sure that is the reason. It wasn't that they thought I would be good at the job. ) I said I would pray about it and said yes. I have gone to two B.O.A.M meetings now. I think the same thing as the HELP meetings...WOW so much work goes into the planning and out come of our church. We have some really talented people leading us. Not that I ever thought this but it has been confirmed that a Pastor's job is not only on Sundays! Since May I gained three new committee members. They are AMAZING! So far two of the three have served a month. They work so hard getting meals planned, flowers delivered, cards mailed. I'm excited to work with them for the next two years.
My Aunt Shawn does so much for me. She's another angel in my life! She is always there for me to take care of the girls. Go the doctor with me. Borrow me money for whatever until payday. She really goes above and beyond. She asked me to help take care of her dogs while she was on vacation. She is paying too. I thought sure it will be so easy. I'll just drive over a couple times a day to Hillsboro and take care of them. No problem. Wow, I didn't realize how much work it is to take care of four dogs! I don't know how my aunt does it with a full time job and most of the time working overtime. I have tried to stay the next three nights and Kylie is a stinker. She does not like being away from home. My aunt has a tanning bed, ac, and cable. We are in the country but it is far from country life. The girls and I gone for walks to the neighbors farm. They have all kinds of animals. We've had a marshmallow fire pit night. But the best part is that at night we play board games. Kirsten has become the Yahtzee Queen! She had THREE YAHTZEES in one game! I told her I was taking her to Vegas.
So I may say YES to a lot of things but I think they always turn out to be a blessing in my life. At home the girls have their friends, toys, video games, Internet...they don't want to sit and play games with me. I took the school picnic and movie nights as just another night it's fine if we don't go..when really people work so hard to make it happen. We need to go support that! I have been helping at the church with things for a few years now but seeing how many people make everything happen has been a blessing. Just knowing so many people care.
Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves
do not break in and steal. Matthew 6:20
I did turn down the chance to teach Hide N Seek on Wednesday nights. Donnie made the comment "If you work Friday nights, go to meetings Sunday and Monday nights, do bible study once night when will I get time with you?" I love that guy. Made my day. I hope that I can help out or sub sometimes but maybe we can go on a walk and catch up what is going on in our "Never Dull" life, on Wednesday Nights. Maybe we could find a bible study to do together. I am going to be praying about that how we can use that time together.
No comments:
Post a Comment