The rain stopped about 8 p.m. the night before we were going home. We had promised to go putt putting before we left. Off to Dinosaur Canyon we went! Being the penny pincher I am...I printed off coupons before we left Hesston. We saved money on that. When I got there they said Kylie could use a plastic club and not cost a penny. DEAL! (I think the Rental Guy should meet up with the Putt Putt guy.) Kendal had been eyeing this place from day one. She saw the huge volcano and the fire that spit out of it. She loves dinosaurs. She would go to Jurassic Park if it was real and they didn't eat people..she says.
Here are some pictures from the the first putt putt course. Kylie ended up spending some time in time out. She used the plastic club to try and hit me. Then she threw it into the lava water. She also took her ball and chucked it across one hole. She was not excited about putt putt. Probably the right thing to do would be go home, put her to bed, one of us stay there. But that wasn't what we did. It was vacation and we wanted to have time as a family. So we put her on rocks. When she did something wrong she had to sit on the rock for that hole. She wasn't aloud to try to putt putt. She didn't like this very much and she straightened her act up real quick.
| Inside the volcano. |
| As you can tell by Kendal's foot this was our first family putt putt outing. Donnie was a great teacher. I ended up with 4 hole in ones! He still beat me by 3 strokes though. |
Don't let that cute smile of Kylie's fool you. She is a stinker!
Kirsten wanted to be a T-Rex. She really wasn't mad about 6 she got on her score card.
Time out rocks are FUN!
I'll be good as long as you keep taking my picture!
Mommy, Will that fire burn us!?
No.
No.
Can I touch it then?
NO!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
When I paid they told me we could buy a second round for half the price and we could either golf here twice or go to their sister putt putt course across town. Donnie and I thought it would be more fun to go to two different places. Kendal sat on the ground and cried. She did not want to leave the dinosaur place.
I didn't take pictures at the second place. One I was tired of carrying it around. Two it was hard to putt putt with it hanging on me. Three I had hit Kylie in the head with it twice trying to grab her from going into the lava water at the first place. I just decided to leave the camera in the car. I did take these last few pictures while driving down the strip. Well Donnie was driving I was hanging out the car window snapping photos. They just made me laugh...
The Titanic was going to run into our car! AHHH
Stravin' Marvin is what I say when I'm hungry.
We never ate there but I had to take a picture!
Our last morning in Branson Donnie took the older two girls swimming at Pointe Royale. They had the coolest swimming pool area. Kylie still wouldnt' get in the water because of her foot. Her eye was black and blue so she stayed with me. We packed up the house and did some cleaning. We were fortunate that someone had paid to have the house cleaned the next day. Otherwise we would have had a ton of cleaning to do. I would not have minded a bit. We loved staying there. We spent almost every night playing scrabble, phase 10, or some board game. The girls watched Black Beauty for the first time. We stayed up late laughing. It was a great trip. Despite our "never dull moments".
If we ever go back I would do a few things different but I know the trip will be something we always remember and I feel blessed that we had the chance to go! Thank you for everyone that helped make this trip happen! We love you all and Thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment