Monday, September 24, 2012

New Life

So the new life has kicked in...
I wake up at 6 a.m. I get ready for the day.
I wake the girls up at 7 a.m. I get them ready for the day.

I get to school at 7:45. I love my new job. It's amazing how there are 80+ kids and I could tell you about 60 or more of them. They are kind, funny, quiet, interesting, outgoing, shy, corky, sweet, and ornery. I think about them at night. Did they take home their study guides? Will they actually study? Will they tell their parents how awesome they did on their test?! Hopefully they leave out the parts about me tripping on the carpet. I swear the carpet monster made me do it! They are a large but great group of kids.

At lunch I try to pay any bills, get any phone calls returned, text a friend that text me two days ago, throw laundry in the washer...

A very different social life than two months ago...that is for sure. If Rachel or Tonya colored their hair bright blue I wouldn't know about it for weeks. I miss my afternoon chats with my cousin. I miss seeing my older neighbors walk by to get their mail.

After school I pick up Kylie from whomever is watching her that day. Thank goodness for my amazing friends. They have all taken turns and helped me out. My neighbor has been keeping Kylie the most. She has been a blessing. I wasn't sure how Kylie would like it because there is no one to play with. But I think she actually enjoys being the only one.

I get laundry done, dinner, dishes, girls homework, and then it's time for bath. Monday nights we have Help meetings (me),  volleyball (Kendal) and/or jv football (Donnie). Wednesday we have hide n seek. Fridays there is always something going on. Saturday I clean the house..or attempt to clean it. Sunday we are gone for church or visiting family or both. BOAM meetings. Help Meetings. I am home less on the weekends then during the week..or so it seems.

Last night we started with our community group. I think this is going to be a huge blessing. I'm not forced it's not required but we have a goal to read the bible every day. Then write down the verse(s) that hit home. I did it last night and tonight. I really felt like I had some peace. For 15 minutes I was in the word and having time to myself and with God. It was a good feeling. As soon as my time was up...it was HURRY GET IN THE CAR I FORGOT KENDAL HAD A GAME...But those 15 minutes were great.

Donnie has made a big leap. Maybe not a leap but I am very proud of him. He has applied, filled out, enrolled, etc to take college classes. He is going to get his associate in applied science degree. It's nothing fancy but it will help him at work. Maybe someday he won't have to stand for 8-12 hours day. I know he would enjoy a desk job. He has had two knee surgeries and is waiting for the right time to have the third. We keep putting it off because of money, no time off work, the girls need something...etc etc etc. His knees are just not handling the standing. 14 years of AGCO can do that to you. We are very thankful for his job and that he has been there so long. Anyway...so pray for him for the next year or two.

Our "new life" isn't less crazy. It's a new kind of crazy and Never A Dull Moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment