Monday, June 10, 2013

Sleeping Naked

 
 
 
 I probably hooked you in with my awesome title.  Kylie, Kirsten, and I spent a couple hours at the Hesston pool today. I forgot the sun block. I did remember my tanning oil though! It has an SPF 4. Staci was nice enough to borrow me her sunblock. I put that on my children but didn't even think about myself. The whole time I felt fine. I wasn't burning. I got in the pool a few times to cool off. Went home and didn't even feel burnt for the first couple of hours.
 


 
After VBS my children pointed out that my face looked like a tomato. "Mommy it's ROUND and RED!"---Sweet Kids...*rolling my eyes*
 
Kylie asked me why I was wearing my shirt with no straps. I said I didn't want anything to touch my shoulders. She replied "ARE YOU GOING TO SLEEP NAKED?!!" I told her no and she replied, "GOOD! BECAUSE DADDY WOULD THINK YOU'RE WEIRD!"
Yeah I bet he would. I refrained from commenting on that one. 
 
With my aloe vera with lidocaine gel sitting beside me and a fan blowing at my face, I think I may live through the night. I'm crossing my fingers and toes that my body will remember 10 years ago. Back in the olden days I would burn really bad and be tan the next day. Hey! I can dream!
 
 I was reminded of the Class of '99 Song by Baz Luhrmann ....I had to look that one up.
 
 
 
"If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it The long-term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists Whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable Than my own meandering experience, I will dispense this advice "

Read more: BAZ LUHRMANN - EVERYBODY'S FREE (TO WEAR SUNSCREEN) LYRICS

Why didn't I think of this song today on the way to the pool!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment