Thursday, March 10, 2011

Cakes

I'm trying to figure out the background so bare with me....

Tonight I made Kylie's birthday cake. I started thinking about what cakes I have made...why I have made them....What even inspired me to want to make cakes like this......

Back in middle school or high school.......(when I walked to school up hill both ways in 3 feet of snow) My neighbor had a huge pan collection. I would babysit her kids and she told if I ever wanted to borrow a cake pan to just let her know. For my birthday I decided I really wanted to make a "REAL" cake. I picked the Raggedy Ann cake pan. I remember thinking my hands were going to fall off from all the pipping but I really enjoyed it.

Not that exciting but that was the beginning.

Here is a list of cakes I have made...baby stroller, baby rattle, guitar, golf ball, softball, basketball court, baseball, barbie, tinker bell, monkey....I know there are more.... I really can't say that any cake has turned out 100% just like I pictured. The colors are always slighting off, a few stars look smashed, a leave a small gap between the stars in a bad spot. Really if you looked close you would realize I would need a few classes to ever actually sell my cakes.

Kirsten told me this year she really doesn't like the frosting. To tell you the truth I do not like frosting either. It's to sugary. I buy my frosting at Cake Stuff, in Wichita. It tastes great it's not that. I can eat small amounts of it but when you do a thin layer then decorating. It gets to be a lot of frosting. At first I was bummed. I had already planned out getting the Hello Kitty pan. She told me she wants cookies with NO FROSTING.  I looked at a website (Thank you Amy!) and they used melting chocolate instead. It worked perfectly. Kirsten did a taste test and she liked it. I was happy because I got to do something creative and she was happy because there will be no frosting.

I really enjoy all the comments. I don't mean that in a self centered way...but more in a thank you for boosting my self esteem it means a lot way! haha :)



Kylie's mini cake last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment