Saturday, March 12, 2011

He Walks With Me....

About 5 minutes ago, I read a facebook status asking what song you want at your funeral.

I have had this planned out for years! I know that might sound strange. Really it's not, people. I have told my Aunts and my Husband. I have told my children. I have it on my IPOD and when it plays I sing it and they just look at me like I'm crazy. (That's normally how they look at me anyway)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg7wzuiokpE Merle Haggard, He Walks With Me

I want people to know that I'm walking with Jesus. I want them to be praising Jesus for the life I had and not to dwell on the sadness. I don't know how I will die. If it's sooner then later then that part might be harder. But I really do want people to celebrate my life not be sad. 

I want tulips and no one to wear black. I want my casket closed. I think the worst possible thing anyone can say is "OH SHE LOOKS SO GOOD" Really!?! I look good dead? But I know these things will not be in my control. Maybe this makes me an extremely controlling person to request things at my funeral. I don't want the most expensive casket. I don't want anyone spending money on that stuff.  My body might be in the ground but I will be in heaven!

Side Note: Kirsten is making me listen to Justin Beiber. Please don't play him at my funeral. :) Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment