Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sew...much fun

Today I started sewing again. I haven't made anything grand ever...don't start thinking I'm an ace at it. Brandy wanted to check out a fabric store so I tagged along. We found TONS of prints we really liked. After deciding we should try one dress first we picked a material print. I went with black and red. I found at Walmart you can buy ribbon by the yard. I spent 9 bucks total.

Donnie took the older two skating so I went to my Gram's house. I used her fancy computer sewing machine. You don't even have to use a foot pedal it just has an on/off switch! Who knew! Anyway, I made Kylie a dress. It is a little rough. Definitely not making them for anyone else. Kirsten wanted one so I made hers and used quilt binding around the edges. Hers turned out a tad cleaner on the edges. Still rough looking.

Once at home I got out my Machine ( and foot pedal) and started thinking about the $25 American Girl clothes Kirsten wants if she gets a doll tomorrow. I think I could make a couple mini dresses for the doll. I really enjoyed the time sewing. It was relaxing. I think I might do this more often.

Don't forget...spring your clocks forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment