Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Showing Love

There are many ways to show people love. I am so thankful for the many ways I have been shown this week.

Cleaning is not my favorite thing to do at all. I would rather have the gallbladder attack then clean my house. Okay maybe not. I thankful to never have to experience that again. But I really do not like to clean.

In the past week I have heavily relied on my husband, family, and friends. Donnie spent about 8 hours everyday cleaning the house. He had 6 days off work and sat down less then if he was at work. Sometimes at 10 p.m. I had to remind him that he needed to sleep at some point too. He is has all the clothes clean, oven, microwave, frig, floors, couches...cleaning machine. Somehow he managed to do his workout. If I was him I would have given that up. Probably why he has lost 30 pounds or more and I've gained 20 since Kylie was born. Haha

Then the polar opposite...cooking. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE to cook. I might not make 5 star meals but I just love to cook. Not being able to stand and cook is hard for me to accept. I feel like that is my job as a mom as a wife. I should be doing that stuff. It's my passion...my way to provide for my family. I don't think my identity is only a mom/wife...but it is a HUGE part of me. It's like telling hunter they can go out with the guys but you can't take a gun or a bow. I can go eat the food but I'm not allowed to cook it for them. I know I sound crazy. I know there are nights I would do anything to not have to cook. I just feel like I'm not being 100%. I hope this makes sense. I'm not complaining at all I am grateful and overwhelmed by the meals and food we have received.

Tonya, again completely amazing. She brought us dinner, homemade pizza and bread sticks. But that wasn't even the best part. She took her three kids and our three kids to the arboretum by herself. I am a crazy person and I don't think I've ever taken 6 kids anywhere by myself. Tonya you are the best friend a girl could ask for...seriously.

Rachel, Melinda, Dorothy...You kept my 20 pounds on this week. Thank you. I was getting worried after not having a full meal for 5 days.

Brandy got us off to a great start with tacos. She knows us well! Donnie ate all the jalapeno poppers he could. Great side for him. He loves anything spicy.

Kendal's teacher, MeLissa, brought us a dinner. Kendal was so excited she told her we loved Mac n Cheese and watermelon. What did we get? Mac n Cheese and watermelon. It was perfect. An awesome ice cream cake too! Shhhh.. we hid that from the kids. :)

JoAnna Waggoner, not only brought us a meal but it was enough for two meals and we have one in the freezer for a later date.

Peggy King she made a great chicken dish but the peaches and banana side was sooooooo good. I put some over brie cheese and melted it for a snack the next day.

Traci knew the key to the girl's hearts. Pizza but even more the cinnamon sticks! Kendal said "She really likes us doesn't she!"

Lisa Decker brought us an awesome roast with carrots and potatoes. YUMM-O! There was plenty for tomorrow's lunch too. I think roast left overs are my favorite leftovers of all time.

When we make a meal and take it to someone the girls get to see that part of it. They see me shop and cook. They ride along sometimes to see me deliver the meal. This is the first time they realized the other side of it. They might have before but we just didn't talk about it. We had a great conversation today. We talked about how friends were showing us Jesus' love by bringing us these meals. How they can do something nice someone in need. We talked about walking their dog, getting their mail for them, taking them a movie. It made my day.

We have more meals coming. It's like Christmas waiting to see what gift you are getting. (Also like Christmas celebrating Jesus...he showed love by helping people in need, Ironic??) I can't stress enough how grateful and surprised I am at the amount of food and meals we have received.  I feel like the luckliest woman in the world. To have a husband that cares so much to take time off to be home for our family. To have friends and family willing to take time away from their our family to take care of us. We are very very blessed.

This is my shout out to all of you. Thank you for love this week and before this week for that matter. You are all amazing friends. I would not and could not be the mom and wife I am without your friendships.
THANK YOU!

My last tid bit....you know your husband is madly in love with you when he helps pull your hair through a bleaching kit because you can't twist your body to look in the mirror. I love you, Babe! You are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment