Saturday, January 7, 2012

Hey KLUVER!

Usually I hear the words "hey Kluver!" and I turn to see one of Donnie's buddies. (He loves it when I call them his buddies.) Even when we are with Don, Donnie's dad, people say "Hey Kluver" and Don turns knowing exactly who said it.

This morning at the donut shop we had a first. We were getting ready to leave and Kendal's classmate said "Cya later, Kluver!"  She smiled and said "cya". Like it was no big deal or a common thing.

Donnie and I both looked at each other funny. We asked her in the car if other kids call her that. She said yea and named a couple of them.

It's not that big of a deal but it seems like another reminder that she's getting older. 

Just a random thought for the day.....

Did you have a nickname growing up? Something your friends called you? In middle school I got the name Anne Frank. I guess I looked like her. I don't know. I didn't really enjoy that nickname.

Sometimes I call the Kendal  "Mae" because that's her middle name. Kirsten is sometimes Kirstie. Kylie doesn't really have a nickname besides squirt and monkey.  Growing up I was always "Jen" but now the only people that say that are my side of the family. Donnie looks at me weird when they use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment