Tonight, Kylie went to Amber's for a sleepover. We haven't had the older two girls home and Kylie gone in...I don't know how long. We weren't sure what to do. With low funds we decided on watching a movie and playing board games.
By the way.... I would like to make a public note that I am the CANDYLAND CHAMPION!
We let the girls pick a movie. We went back and forth. Kendal found Soul Surfer, she said a friend told her about it. Kendal told me God helped a girl live from a shark attack. (Wow, at 9 a friend told her about a Christian movie.) When it first came out on DVD I rented it and never watched it. I almost rented it a few other times but always found something else.
We made some popcorn and started the movie. During the previews Kendal was so excited. They showed Courageous! Kendal was so happy. She said it must be a good movie if they show Courageous! A few minutes into the movie they were singing, Blessed Be Your Name on the movie. Kirsten was singing along in the living room. My heart was smiling!
After the accident the father and daughter said a verse together. Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me. Both of the girls were saying the verse.
I don't expect our girls to know every bible verse. But I know they have learned that from Sunday school, mom 2 mom, and hide n seek. Just like in the movie they have had awesome leaders guiding them outside our home. I know it will take a village to raise our 3 girls and I am so grateful for the village people (hehehe) I have in their life's.
I think I cried for 75% of the movie. I do not personally know how it would feel to lose any part of my body. (Maybe some organs....just a few..haha) Anyway, flash backs of Donnie, the struggles and feelings I felt when his accident happened. Just knowing that God was with us during that time. I could relate to this family on a tiny level. When the parents are in the mini van and asking what to do once they get inside. The mom says something about remembering when they brought home their first baby. That is how it felt. When Donnie had both hands wrapped up and we had a 10 day old baby. It was the same scared feeling. The unexpected. You just go in the house and learn your new life. God carried us through that day and the day after.
Kendal talked to me after the movie and asked me why the movie made me sad. I told her it wasn't sad it was joy. That this brave girl told her story and shared her relationship with God to the world. She could have made a lot of money doing a reality show, a scary shark attack movie, or just not shared anything about Jesus and how he helped her. But she didn't. She shared God's work. She went on the mission trip and changed people in another world. She was a brave brave girl. Kendal smiled and said "I want to be like that!" Then she paused and said "well not the shark attack part!"
Kendal is my blessing. God knows the plan for my life. Her life....I didn't want to think about any type of plan at 17 but he has used this sweet girl to change my life. I am so thankful and honored.
Thank you Lord for giving me such a blessing!
No comments:
Post a Comment