Usually when you say, "what's up" it's a casual way of saying, "hello". Tonight the meaning of what's up became 5 minutes of torture. (Okay, it felt like 5 minutes!)
Last night, Kendal went to a friend's house and made a bead necklace. Donnie came home from work tonight and asked Kendal to please pick up her beads from the table. Kendal failed to do that. Kirsten was being dropped off so I went outside to talk to the friends mom. We are laughing and I notice Kylie on the porch. I joke about how my child is standing outside with a wet head.
"Mother of the year!" That's me!
On the way into the house Kylie says....mommy it's stuck?
What is stuck???
It's up there.
What's up there??
My nose! It's stuck up my nose!
Kylie!!! What did you stick up your nose?!!
Naturally I had to grab the camera. (and scream for Donnie!)
Donnie is much better at thinking fast and not grabbing the car keys for the ER. I thought for sure it was going to be lodged up there and she wasn't going to be able to breathe and my almost 4 year old was going to pass out from lack of oxygen. (I know I know she could open her mouth) At the time I just thought the worst..while I took pictures.
Donnie had Kylie blow really hard out of her nose and nothing came out. I got a flashlight and could see it stuck sideways. I went to get the tweezers when Donnie asked her to blow one more time. The thing shot out.
We are all laughing about it now but I know for sure I could never be an ER nurse...or any nurse. I can not handle those 30 seconds that seem like 5 minutes.
Oh my word. Oh.my.word. Seriously. Oh my word. -tb
ReplyDelete