The time change is never good. I understand why the farmers need it and I understand it's not going to end anytime soon so it's just a part of life. But I think I have found the perfect solution to beating the time change effect.
Friday
| THROW ANYTHING THAT LOOKS LIKE THIS IN THE TRASH |
- Throw one cake you spent Thursday making into the trash. Then bake a new set of cakes, put the icing on and accidentally drop it on the floor.
- Mini cry session but only 5 minutes.
- Try to lift a full hope chest once you hear a noise in your shoulder kick yourself
- Go to doctor. Once he tells you to limit the use of your arm and gives you a script for some strong patches, ignore it.
- Go to Walmart and buy premade cupcakes.
- Work 5- 10 p.m.
- Then work on decorating until about 11:30.
- Shower (this might be the only one you get this weekend) and go to bed.
- Remember the soccer shirt you threw in the washer is still wet and quickly throw it into the dryer.
- Wake up your children.
- Get them ready and don't forget to feed them. Especially the 3 year old.
- On the way out the door make sure your daughter tells you one of her good friends never got the invitation. Call that mom and explain what happened. Pray the child can still make it in 4 hours.
- Watch two soccer games while a 3 year old tells you how hungry she is and you remind her of the four snacks she has already downed.
- Also during the games make sure your teenage sister in law comes to braid hair. After she braids the 3 year old's hair twice give up. Then watch a complete melt down and head to the car during the last 4th quarter.
- Once you are home make lunch and do any last minute touch ups on decorations.
- Make sure you have 10 girls (plus your own 3) over for a cowgirl birthday party. Not just any party make sure there are live goats. Baby goats. Don't let the owner leave without first explaining how they are fatherless because they are meat goats and they are mighty tasty in enchiladas. (Very thankful for them. The girls loved it! Thank you Mark and Elizabeth for making that happen)
- Cupcakes, sugar cookies and a few cups of lemonade later clean up from the party.
- 9 girls went home and one stayed until after dinner. Which is nice in this whole plan. It keeps your child going and exhausted. That's the key. Wear them out!
- Agree to watch your nieces from 5:30 until 11 p.m. 4 years old and around 6 months old. (I can't even think straight on how old she is!)
Saturday night...
- Now at point (11:30 p.m. before the time change) it might look like a good plan to go to bed. NO! Instead rent a 2 and half hour movie and watch it with your husband.
- Your kids are asleep when else will you get this chance?!
- Okay about 2 a.m. it's time for bed. You don't want to go to bed before 2 and have your clocks change or not change. You have to stay awake and make sure that $30 fancy alarm clock actually does it's job correctly. Sure enough it did!
- 7:30 spring out of bed like your house is on fire. Well that's what I did when I heard the alarm. I swear it felt like I had 5 minutes of sleep.
- Get ready for church. Shower (I told you, you might only get one this weekend.) Feed the kids, get them dressed. Argue about what color of hair bow to wear. Just get them there by 9.
- Try really hard to stay awake during church. Today I didn't have to a problem. Pastor Brad was talking about somethings I know I need to work on. I took notes and knew that was where I should be this morning.
- Leave church and get set up for party number 2.
- When you catch your 3 (almost 4) year old smudging finger marks all over her tangled cake just make this face. Or ask her to say cheese and snap the photo before you realize what she is doing. This photo is going to be on every slide show and scrapbook for the rest of her life! Priceless.
- Feel guilty and snap another photo.
- Invite your daughters preschool class over for a Tangled party. Giggles everywhere and no live animals. A great group of kids!
- You may think this is a good time to order pizza. No. Make your oldest daughters favorite meal so that she doesn't feel left out after having two sister birthday parties that weekend. Meatballs, potatoes, broccoli and a healthy side of ketsup...all of her favorites.
- Do a load of laundry because lets face it you have not done laundry in three days and it's piling up.
- Do a load of dishes. Same reason.
- After dinner and bath time ask your kids to watch a movie. Listen to them argue and realize it's not going to work. Everyone is tired and grumpy.
- 8 p.m. get them all in bed. Listen to your oldest tell you, "You hate me! You never do anything I want to do!" After telling her you love her and hug her just walk away.
- Now surely it's bed time. You've earned it! NOPE!
- Do another load of dishes and fold the laundry.
- Prepare for bed and realize, "This would make a great blog."
- Write your blog. Publish. Fall out of chair and sleep on floor next to computer. (okay maybe I haven't done that yet but it's possible!)
You are amazing. Just amazing. I'm so extremely inspired by you! I'm going to fb you...
ReplyDelete