Monday, March 5, 2012

Cheeseball Moment

I've posted about days like this before but it's just so important to me..I had to share again.

Without spending a dime we had a perfect family night. We didn't have to leave our house. Donnie found a 80's-90's play list on the computer. We spent an hour going through the songs. Kylie would laugh and dance. Kirsten would giggle. Kendal told us to turn it down. Here are some of the songs we rediscovered...

Do you know by. Robyn
Just A Girl by No Doubt
3 a.m. by Matchbox 20
Killing Me Softly With His Song by Fugees...Lauren Hill...
No Diggity by Blackstreet, Dr. Dre
COTTON EYE JOE....Seriously I think it has been a few years since I've heard this one. Instantly broke out in "moves like jagger" or that's how I thought I looked.
Bailamos by Enrique Iglesis
Quit Playing Games by Backstreet Boys- wow.
Father of Mine- Everclear
Closing Time by Semi Sonic
I'll be Missing You by. Puff Daddy and Faith Evans...yes before there was a P. Diddy there was a Puff Daddy!


I ave never really considered myself an 80's fan. I'm just more of a 90's girl. I think that was when I was old enough to change the radio station. Before that my dad had rock on and my Grandma had Garth Brooks and Vince Gill.... Which I love those memories too. But listening to the 90's music last night just reminded me of my childhood.

I really like "pop" music. I listen to 96.3 most of the time. Remember 94.5 back in the day? It made me think.... What will our children remember? Their ipod play list names? Will they call in and request a song for "that boy" or their best friend? Will they get a mix tape or mix Cd?? I know they won't tape the top 40 so they don't miss the number one. They'll just type it into google search and know in 5 seconds what the number song is that week. (By the way...it's Adele...Set Fire to the Rain)

We listen to a lot of music at our house. Donnie plays christian, country, pop, classical...just about anything on the piano. Our girls love finding a new song and getting Donnie to play along with it for them. I still say he'll play "Cinderella" Steven Curtis Chapman at one of their weddings. At least that is my dream. Even the rehearsal dinner....girls... if you are 32 and reading this please play this at your wedding...pretty please! (notice they won't be married before 32).

I hope they remember music marathons and dance parties. Not going to see Lorax or getting a new toy. I hope they remember their giggles and laughter.


No comments:

Post a Comment