I'm not saying that Kylie makes everything crazy in our house but.............
Wednesday she left with Gwen for a few days. They went to visit Gwen's sister in Indiana..not Iowa...long story. I cried when they pulled out of the drive way. I just can't believe my baby was okay with leaving me to away. I realize she didn't fully understand where and how long she was going to be gone. But she so excited and happy to leave. She had her stuff packed and left like it was nothing.
While she was gone I filled two trash cans and my trunk with broken toys. I organized the closets. The ceiling fans actually come apart...(Did you know that!?) I cleaned all the pieces off and scrubbed the glass parts...I have a sparkling ceiling fan in my living room now. I moved the living room couch and chair around. Cleaning is my least favorite thing to do but it kept me busy. Boring.
Donnie and I were able to enjoy two lunch dates. We both found it odd to sit down at the same table at the same time and enjoy a meal. Not so boring but neither of us said anything worth of a facebook quote.
Thursday night Kylie called and I told her, "I love you more than the whole world!!" I say that to her every night. I start with, " Do you know how much I love you?" She always giggles and loves what comes next. Instead she was silent and I heard her starting to cry. It broke my heart. I have never thought of high jacking a plane before that moment. I wanted to fly up there and give my baby a hug and kiss. Poor girl. Gramo assured me, the next morning, she was fine and giggling once again.
Kirsten's class took a trip to the zoo. She was licked by a giraffe and I was lucky enough to catch part of it on camera. Priceless moment!
We enjoyed one on one time with Kendal and Kirsten. Donnie and Kirsten went to the spray park this morning. Kendal and I watched a couple t.v. shows. She informed me that I ask to many questions. I need to sit and watch the show! Lego cartoons are so complicated!
I know I have often thought, "I NEED A BREAK!!" When Kylie is throwing a fit about what she is being forced to eat for lunch. Or in the grocery store when she wants candy and I've said no. The battle of leaving the store without someone thinking I have kidnapped this child. I am very blessed to have family willing to take my kids for a few days here and there. I get that. I am not ungrateful at all. With that said I miss my baby. I miss Kylie's funny comments and weird giggle. I am ready to have her home.
Never having a dull moment isn't such a bad thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment