Monday, May 21, 2012

Eclipse...Not The Twilight Saga



A partial eclipse occurs when the Sun and Moon are not exactly in line and the Moon only partially obscures the Sun. This is how Wikipedia defines a partial eclipse.

I would define it as COOL! I do not consider myself a science person or an astrology person. I do think it's fun to go out and look at the big dipper, different planets, and meteor showers. A few times Donnie and I have gone out at 2 a.m. with the kids just to watch things things.

Last night we drove north of town and parted on a dirt road. Music was playing on the radio and we just waited.

Donnie borrowed a welding glass for us to look through. Our girls took turns looking at the eclipse through the glass. Kylie sometimes looked out the back window. I'm not sure she understood anything we were talking about.

This is the photo of Donnie when Kylie would look out the back window. Or maybe this was him when I asked how far we would have to drive to get to see the whole eclipse. The sun was going down and we couldn't see the whole circle anymore.
I tried to take a picture but as you can tell it didn't work so well. You can see more of myself than the actual sun. I really hope the girls remember these crazy events.




No comments:

Post a Comment