Monday, May 28, 2012

Perfect Days

This weekend was very low key. Nothing exciting planned and it was perfect.

Friday, Kendal went to my Aunt's house for the weekend. She was able to visit my brother's house. She came home with stories about Uncle Kyle and his xbox. Kendal told me all about Grandma Shari's animals. Grandpa Frank and how much Sierra loves him. It sounded like she had a perfect weekend.

Kylie, Kirsten, Donnie and I had the weekend at home. Friday, Donnie took the girls to the spray park for a few hours and out to Panda Kitchen for a Daddy date.

Saturday morning we slept until 8:30. Slowly we got around with no reason to rush. Perfect morning. Saturday afternoon we played in the sprinkler and watched movies. The girls loved Captain America. Kylie put red socks on and a blue shirt and flew around the living room the rest of the night. After they were asleep we watched The Woman In Black. I would not ever watch that again. Then we watched New Years Eve. It was a nice feel good movie. I liked it. Perfect Day.

Sunday morning we went to church. Kirsten had a friend go to lunch with us. Amber, Matt, Emelia, and Leilah met us for lunch too. I love listening to Kylie and Emelie talking. Kirsten and Sophia were so cute at their own table like grown ups. According to Kirsten made sure they had a private table in the back so no one else could sit with them.

We went home and I started to cook. A man passed away at our church this week. With the help of several of woman donating food we put a meal together for 16-20 people. I really didn't have to do much. The salad I made is my personal favorite. (Recipe below) Don came over and took the girls for a bike ride. We are so spoiled to have Grandparents less than a block away. After the bike ride Kylie wanted to go to "Aunt Mikaela's Work" We went to Braums where Gwen, Amber, Matt, Emelie, Leilah and Don joined us. They treated us to ice cream. Perfect evening. Kylie twisted Elmo's arm and she took the girls home for the night. Donnie found ourselves kid less with nothing to do.

On the way home I suggested watching another movie. That didn't sound fun. Play scrabble? Donnie always beats me by 100. Not much for either of us. I asked if we could buy a puzzle and work on it together. He laughed for a while then realized I was serious. Scratched that one off the list. Finally we decided a bike ride would be fun. It was nice out and we never get to go on a bike ride without kids. We rode our bikes for about an hour. Just laughing and enjoying the peace. We weren't worried about Kirsten running into parked cars. Kylie wasn't in the middle of the road when trucks flew by. Kendal wasn't pouting on the corner because she didn't get there first. It was just peaceful. Perfect evening. Perfect company. We did end up watching  Unknown. It was okay but probably wouldn't watch it again.

Tonight to end our perfect weekend. Donnie went golfing with his Dad. I can't describe how awesome it is that they can go golf and spend time together. Kirsten, Kylie and I went to the public pool. I have the sunburn to prove it. I don't even care that won't ruin my weekend. We went to Hillsboro and picked up Kendal. On the way home we saw all the tractors getting the wheat cut. Some of the fields still standing just blew in the wind. Personally I would rather see that than mountains or the ocean any day. It's just amazing. All the hard work and how many people that work to make food on our tables. Kylie wished Donnie was a farmer. I got a good chuckle out of that. I just can't picture Donnie driving a tractor. Ever. (Don't tell him I said that.) Kendal was so smart. She told Kylie that Donnie helps builds tractors so the farmers can do their job. We talked once again about how everyone has a place and job on earth. That God gives us all talents and skills to use. Just a perfect drive home. No fighting, no crying, and no radio..just talking.

The key to a perfect weekend....No plans, great family, bike rides, movies, ice cream, laughter, conversation and home. 

Salad Recipe....1 carton of strawberries sliced, A bowl of spinach, 1/4 cup of toasted almonds, 1 small can of mandarin oranges. Then drizzle raspberry dressing over the top. I'm not sure who introduced me to this. Brandy or Rachel..but it's awesome.


Oh..a laundry basket...




No comments:

Post a Comment