Kirsten has cavities that will cost an arm and leg. Thankful insurance should pay us some of it back. I hope anyway. Good news Kendal and Kylie are fine. I couldn't imagine if all three needed this done. I think I would go find my cardboard box on the street. I don't mean to come off that I am making fun of the homeless. I am being serious. We are always paying a doctor bill trying to make things meet. I feel like we start to see the light at the end of the tunnel and this stuff happens and it gets dark again. I am being very glass half empty right now. I'll get over it..someday.
I promised the girls they could have one thing from McDonald's after the appointment. Kylie a wanted yogurt parfait. Kendal wanted hot cakes. Kirsten wanted a burrito with mild salsa. We get the back I started to pull out. One of the yogurts tipped sideways in the bag and is spilling out. I parked the car and went inside. The manager laughs and says, "Sorry I thought the lid wasn't on tight!" with a laugh. She's lucky I'm a Christian woman. I get back to the car and Kendal is in tears. There were no hot cakes in her bag. The syrup and butter are there but no hotcakes. I go back in and the managers laughs again, "Man we don't have our sh** together today do we!" still laughing. I didn't comment. I just took the hot cakes and returned to the car. Back in the car...Kirsten cries because the salsa is HOT and burning her mouth. I look at the package and it says hot on the side not mild. I think that this point I just wanted to cry. All I wanted to do is get my kids their breakfast and get home. I didn't go back in the third time. I didn't want to end up on the news "CRAZY MOTHER OF THREE ARRESTED FOR ASSAULT ON MCDONALDS MANAGER!" (Disclaimer: I don't think I could really do much to anyone so it's probably a safe bet I would hurt myself more then ever hurt anyone.) I may have said something, in the car, along the lines of "Those people are morons!" To which Kylie replied, "Mommy that hurts people's feelings you shouldn't talk like that." Thanks Kylie. Thanks for keeping me in line.
We get home and I get Kirsten some new breakfast. I put all the dental papers away. I ask the girls if we could have reading time early today. I wanted to check on our flex medical spending account. I needed to call and make sure that the gas for Kirsten would be covered. I just needed them to do something quietly while I made these phone calls.
First phone call I am told "You are not Donald Kluver?" I reply, "Correct, I am on the account. He has faxed you the paperwork approving me to talk with you." Lady asked me to hold. She comes back on the line a few minutes later..."I'm sorry Donald has to call." WHY DID I FAX A PAPER IF YOU WON'T HONOR IT!?!
Between phone calls Kylie is crying because her puzzle piece won't turn and she doesn't want anyone to help her but she is crying. I get her calmed down and I make the second phone call.
This guy doesn't even ask if I'm Donald or Joe Dirt. He just gives me all the account information I need. Wonderful. Not sure which was better not getting it because they are so protective or the fact that anyone could call this other place and get all of our information. But at least my questions were answered.
It's almost 10 a.m. I feel like my day is complete. Can we go to bed and sleep until Wednesday?
I saw these verses the other day and it popped in my head just now. (Nice timing, God.)
"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you"
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
I'm going to think like that. I'm going to pray about it. I'm going to turn this day around. Thankful for insurance, thankful for food, thankful for three beautiful girls. Thankful for a phone and computer to check things.
Please pray for me to have a positive attitude. Please pray for me to not be short fused today. I'm not going to let a few bad things ruin my whole day. It's only 10 a.m. so that means I have 12 more hours until bedtime to turn this day into the happiest day of my life. Wish me luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment