I noticed a plant that I did not plant growing in my flower bed. I am really the worst flower keeper person. Usually everything dies and weeds take over. So when I saw this green plant growing I was a little shocked. I thought maybe it was a beautiful tulip. Apparently, they do not grow in 100 degree weather. I also thought it was a weed. I am really good at growing those and this one is getting big.
| Notice the flowers dead in the background. |
My friend, Rachel, stopped by to see this morning. (Awesome surprise!) She asked me if I knew I was growing corn. I wanted to ask her if it was the pregnancy brain talking. Maybe she needed some rest. Me!? Grow Corn!? Come on she knows me better than that! We are Cornhusker fans but come on..I am not that extreme.
Donnie came home for lunch and I asked him about it. He said yeah I saw that the other day. He asked me when I planted it. For the second time that day I thought, "Man people give me to much credit!" I did not plant any corn. I have not ever in my whole life. I have no idea where this came from.
Here are my theories...
-A bird pooped it out and it grew there
-My kids dropped bird seed and it has corn in it and it started to grow
-My kids planted some things they grew in school... maybe that was one of their plants?
-It was an act of God. He knew we loved corn so he gave us some.
Whatever it is...I am certain that I will now find a way to kill it. When I thought it was a weed it would have lived forever. Now it's going to probably die in a week!
No comments:
Post a Comment