I hope... I look as good as Donnie does today...on my 32nd birthday.
He doesn't read my blog so the pay backs of this should be slim. Depending on who rats me out.
Saturday we celebrated Donnie's birthday. He had breakfast in bed after sleeping until 9. That is sleeping in for him. We spent the day window shopping in Wichita. Looking for any good deals on children's clothes, grocery shopping and getting all the fun household items. He was a good sport about it.
We went to his favorite restaurant, Buffalo Wild Wings. His mom and step dad took us out to celebrate both of our birthdays. It's not my favorite but I enjoy going there. We laugh about how awesome it would be to have 8 televisions with all the games going at once. Our kids would never get fed or bathed. We would be glued to the t.v. Good thing we can't afford that dream.
Bonnie (and Ron) do a great job with gifts. I have been using a piece of ripped paper for a bookmark. It has been driving Donnie crazy. He tells me to just go buy a bookmark. Bonnie gave me a bookmark along with some cupcake cook books. My favorite chocolates (see past blog) have been a big hit with the girls. I have had ONE and there are only 2 left in the bag. Kylie with a chocolate grin said she doesn't know who ate them.
Donnie got a "room a rang" which has kept him entertained for hours. SERIOUSLY! He stands in the dining room and throws that thing over and over. Tonight he came up with the game "how many times can I hit Jena in the head". (It is very light weight foam so I am completely joking. It does not hurt.) The girls then started keeping tallies and egging him on. Since I do not have cat like reflexes I can not catch the stupid thing.
Donnie's other gift from them is a piano book with christian songs. That has also kept him entertained for hours. I can honestly say there has not been a baseball, basketball, or any sport on our television for more then 20 minutes this weekend.
I made him his favorite cheesecake, from scratch. Kirsten says it's good but not as good at the real stuff at Dillons. (whatever) I did make the mistake of buying sugar free cherry topping. (Note to self: Read the can!) Donnie has had a great weekend.
I love that our birthdays are only a week apart. I can set the bar high the week before. (I'm kind of kidding!)
Next weekend, I am requesting an angel food cake with seven minute frosting. He has promised to make it happen. Donnie has done this once in the past. It took him several hours and attempts but he did do it. He says, "of course you want the hardest thing ever to make" haha. That's what love is...not expensive gifts, not fancy restaurants, no plane rides to exotic places. Love to me is sharing our favorite cakes at home in sweats.
| June 2012 Kylie and Donnie |
![]() |
| July 2011 Kirsten and Donnie |
![]() |
| July 2011 |
| July 2011- Donnie and Kendal |



No comments:
Post a Comment