Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Traveling Trips Welcomed
Next Tuesday, we are going on our first family vacation. We have never gone anywhere that didn't involve staying with extended family. We have stayed at hotels but only for one night then returning the next day. Donnie and I have gone on a few trips by ourselves just never with the kids.
For our first trip we picked Branson. Mostly because we got a great deal on a place to stay. Someone else offered to buy our silver dollar city tickets for our birthday gifts. (Huge bonus) AGCO actually had them cheaper than the internet or any where I could find. The person then offered to buy us White Water tickets too. (EXTRA HUGE BONUS). My Aunt is loaning us her SUV. A couple people are loaning dvd players. We are going to be spoiled and set.
I like to think I am a planner. I have lists and spreadsheets. I have notes all over the house with what is going on that week/day/month. I have lists of what our money is spent on and our budget is up to date daily. (If only the money could always be there when I plan it.) I just like to have things written down and in front of me. I need the visualization. So naturally I have a list of what clothes each of the girls are taking, what bathroom stuff, etc.
I have four bags already packed and ready. What do my kids do?? They unpack the bags because they want the swim suit or shirt that I had packed. Soooo... what does that mean? I get to wash those clothes and repack the bag!
We took a car ride to Salina (1 hour trip) on Sunday to pick up Kendal. The whole trip Kylie and Kirsten asked, "are we almost there?" "I need to pee!" "Can we pay a toy at target?" Donnie and I looked at each other at least a dozen time with the same look....how are we going to do a 6 hour trip with all three kids!?!! Is it legal to strap them to the roof? I mean if we have luggage inside and no room in the car.
We leave Tuesday afternoon at 4 (That's what my written schedule says!) We should arrive by 9-10 p.m. (Again, my schedule says this!) How do we keep them awake but not whining or fighting? Any tips from fellow moms that travel?
I am really looking forward to this adventure. I can't wait to see their faces when they see the roller coasters. Just to have everyone together for 5 days with no work, no ball games, no camps, and no meetings.
Please pray for our safe travels and sanity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment