Here are a few shots he took that morning.
The life of a professional golf person must be rough. I didn't spend any time on the golf course. But our back patio looked out onto the course. You could watch people tee off. There was a beautiful fountain in the middle. I think that picture above maybe close to where we were.
It was very peaceful and calm. Donnie and I had breakfast on the patio that morning. I would wake up at 6 a.m. any day to have those 20 minutes. Loved that time together.
The girls woke up about 9-10 a.m. that day and wanted to eat on the patio. All the food was out on the table. We noticed some guys teeing off so I told the girls to shhh so we didn't interrupt them golfing. Of course at that time a wasp flies by Kylie making her scream. Which then set Kirsten and Kendal into a scream. They started dancing around and ran inside. I got the food and they continued their breakfast in the kitchen. They refused to go out back the rest of the time we stayed there.
When Donnie got back from golfing we headed off to lake. We found the only beach in the area. At least that's what we were told. It was $5 per car load for the whole day. I had a picnic packed and we were set.
As soon as we stepped out of the car Kendal tells us she forgot her shoes. I told her that was her problem because we had told her at least 3 times to get her flip flops on. She does this a lot and I just wasnt' going to feel bad for her. When she hits the sand her feet were on fire. She was crying. Donnie helped carry her to the water. I was annoyed because then I had to carry the cooler, the swim bag, the life jackets, the towels. But I didn't want Kendal to have burns on her feet either. Note to self: Pack extra flip flops.
There was not a shaded area. The one place with shade was reserved for a party. The conveniently sold umbrella's for $20. We rented an umbrella. The kid installed it for us we were set. We get into the water and the girls want a tube to rent. I walked back up to the rental place. It's $10 to rent one or $10 to buy on and $2 to have it blown up. I decided to just rent one. We didn't have room to take a big tube home with us anyway. I get back to the water and Kylie needs to pee.
SHOOT ME NOW! That is how I was feeling. Note to self: Hire a nanny.
Kylie gets to the bathroom and doesn't want to go because there are bugs and it's hot and it smells and blah blah blah. I told her it's either here or the trees. She decided to go. We start to walk down to the beach AGAIN! She starts to run...slides...hits her face, elbow, foot, leg and everything else on a pole on the sidewalk. Instantly she is hysterical. I'm trying to pick her up but she has blood all over her foot. Her eye is swelling up. The guy at the rental place told me he would sell me an ice pack for $2. I'M SURE YOU WOULD BUDDY! I take her back to the bathroom and clean her up. I get some ice from the cooler and put it in a Gatorade bottle. I make her hold that on her face.
She wouldn't put her foot in the water after that. I got on the tube, then Donnie put her on top of me. We just floated around. I was relaxed (FINALLY) and enjoying the beach. The water was the perfect temp and clear. Just awesome.
Perfect and sunny...
Kendal refused to look at me.
Kylie wanted Donnie to feed her every single cheez it because her foot hurt.
See the storm behind us in this picture.
Everything in the car and we look at the clock...we had been there less than an hour! $35 for a beach trip that was wasted. UGH! Note to self: Check weather before going to the beach.
Back at the patio home we bathed and decided to try the Landing Shopping mall. It was really nice. They have a big fountain. The girls watched the different "fountain shows" we checked out bass pro shop. It was lightly raining but fun.
Back in Branson we used the free Track coupons. Kirsten and Kendal rode on the bigger ones. Kirsten manages to smack her head on the steering wheel. Thank goodness her glasses didn't break. She wanted off and the ride was over. Kylie took her turn on the smaller ones. She had to stop and wave and talk to strangers from her car. No surprise.
The day was not even over. One kid with a black eye, three band aids on her foot and one kid with a headache and red forehead.
Next blog will be more fun. This day was actually my second favorite. We had a good time just a few bumps in the road. I wish we had gone to this beach on day one and tried Silver Dollar City on the last day when it was cooler outside.
No comments:
Post a Comment