The photos are from our niece's 5th birthday party. Valley Center has a nice spray park and a big shaded picnic area. I am a tad jealous Lindzee's has a summer birthday. In November it's touch and go on outdoor parties. We always have to have it at our house or pay to go somewhere. March is the same way. It's either cold or windy.
The weather has been "normal" for Kansas. Barely any rain, 100+ degree days, humid and just plain HOT! We are so lucky to have a spray park about 3 blocks from our house. Last night we met some friends and the girls played until 8:30. This has been the summer of swimming...
I would say at least 4 days a week, this summer, my children have been at a spray park, swimming pool, in the sprinkler, or some kind of activity involving water. Swimming Lessons did not happen this summer. Funds were low, schedules were busy, and I just felt like one year off won't hurt them. We were at the pool so much the older two are fish. Kylie has gotten over her fear of water. She even puts her head under and blows bubbles. I think they will be fine. I really want them to take lessons next summer though. I do think they are important.
We took a day trip to Salina's Kenwood Cove, two weekends ago. (I blogged about it last year.) We spent about $20to get in, $10 on gas, and stayed for over 4 hours! Some of us were burnt but we had a blast. They have so many things to do there. You can go down slides, the lazy river, high dive, low dive, zero depth area, wave pool and an orange family slide. Every one of us had a favorite thing and a great day. If you haven't gone you need to go!
McPherson Water Park has started to fade from my girl's favorite. We have gone twice this summer. The first time Kirsten got water in her ears and she cried until she fell asleep on the lawn chair. The second time the girls played but we only made it about an hour and half. I still think going on family night for $7 is a great deal, though.
I have said this for years but I'll say it again, I really want to go to Derby's water park. I wish it wasn't so expensive. One of these days we will make it there.
I hope you are all staying out of the heat and enjoying summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment