Monday, August 13, 2012

Friendships

Last week the elementary school posted class lists on the doors of the school. We took the girls up to school. We scanned the list and found their names. Each were happy with the teacher they will have this year.

Kendal was disappointed she didn't see her best friend, MayLee on any of the class lists. I really hope that was an error and MayLee will be coming to Hesston this year.

I noticed that Kirsten's class size will be large again. It has always been a big class. I feel bad for the teachers when they over 20 kids in their class.

I had a few text messages from friends out of town asking if their daughters were in the same class as Kirsten. Sure enough they were. I really think Kirsten is going to have a good group of friends this year in her classroom. Three of the girls have been in the same class since preschool. I think that is really special. They have a great friendship and bond.

That day Kirsten and Eva had had a play date. They talked about how cool it would be to be in the same class. I laughed with them and smiled. I crossed my fingers they would be in the same class. They were so excited. Sadly they are not. Eva called Kirsten that night and they were giggly girlies on the phone talking about who was in their class. I thought it was so cute that Kirsten went to the stairs to talk to Eva.

I really think this school year is going to be fun for both kids. Kendal will be a 4th grader and enjoying her last year in the elementary school.

1 comment:

  1. That is a super sweet picture. Eva took the phone to her room and shut the door! We need to save that one.

    ReplyDelete