Saturday, January 19, 2013

Not So Fast

Kirsten's Furby died. I swear I had nothing to do with it. We went to return it and they do not have anymore. I told her we could call another store. Nope. She wanted clothes instead. Definitely her father's daughter. She had to find a "Nike" hoodie because ALL of her friends have Nike hoodies. I told her I was pretty sure not all of them had one. Then she wanted shoes to match the nike hoodie. I drew the line at that one. I said she'd have to save her money. I just bought her new shoes.


Kylie tried on a swim suit. She begged me to let her wear it out of the store. I said fine and took the tag off. While I'm checking out (I have the tag in my hand) she very loudly says, "ARE YOU GOING TO PAY FOR THE SWIM SUIT? THE ONE YOU TOLD ME TO PUT MY CLOTHES ON OVER THE TOP!" I think I turned bright red. The cashier laughed. I handed her the tag and explained what happened. The cashier was completely fine with it and didn't think twice about it. I just wanted to crawl in a hole. I was so embarrassed. I tried to explain to Kylie that it made it sound like I was stealing. Kylie didn't seem to get it. She just shrugged her shoulders like "oh well". Oh this kid...

For lunch I had promised Kirsten sushi. Usually at Target you can get a box from the deli area. Well they were out. So I took Kylie and Kirsten to the Sushi Bar on Rock Road. I'm still not feeling 100% so I ordered Kirsten a California roll. I ordered some soup and hot tea. The roll came out and the waiter said the chef (is that what you call a sushi maker?? a chef??) had added some shrimp rolls to their plate, on the house. Kirsten's eyes lite up. She was so excited. Kylie took one bite and says, " THIS IS GROSS! IT SMELLS LIKE FISH!" Kirsten and I giggled. Kylie had McDonald's on the way home. I have to say the chicken broth and tofu soup was really good. It didn't hurt my stomach. It was really good. Not eating the sushi was killing me but I didn't want to take any chances.

I haven't had a fever all day. I haven't had a headache. I still feel really weak but I had to get out of the house for a couple hours. I was going batty. I'm going to nap for a while. Then take the girls to the hotel pool for swimming. If I wake up from my nap, that is....

Kylie, Kirsten, and Kendal are in love with Fido the Guinea Pig. Kylie has some scratches on her neck from holding him without a shirt on. Which wouldn't happen if she didn't get him out before anyone else in the house has woken up. I warned her if she ever brings him to my room when I am asleep...it will be the last time. I don't mind, Fido. He's cute and doesnt' squeak too much. But I do not want to wake up thinking their is a critter in my bed! I hold him but for short periods of time. I'm not getting a "I love my Guinea Pig" bumper sticker anytime soon, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment