Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Iron Chef: Cilantro

Nope, I'm not going on Iron Chef. I know you guys are all shocked. I picked "Iron Chef" for my title because I feel like that sometime. I pick one ingredient and I use it in everything for that meal. Tonight's Iron Chef ingredient is CILANTRO.

Normally, I am not a big cilantro fan. I love the way it smells just not the taste in large amounts. I started off with Tilapia. I wanted to do something fun with it. Mango Salsa was my something fun! Here is the simple SIMPLE recipe:

1 mango, cut into chunks...My awesome husband cuts these perfectly for me!
2 roma tomatoes, also in chunks
1/2 red onion, chunks
1/2 cup cut up cilantro
3 Tablespoons lime juice
1 cup corn--fresh would be best but tonight it was canned.

Throw it all in a dish and bam..done...instant goodness.




My tilapia sat in 1/4 cup of lime juice, a few drizzles of honey and a squirt or two of teriyaki sauce. After 10 minutes I put the filet on the foil. 1/2 cup of salsa on top. Into the grill they went!

Next Cilantro Rice..

Cook a cup of rice like the bag says....In a blender put a 1/4 cup of lime juice, pinch of salt, and 1/2 cup of cilantro (1/2 clove of garlic would be nice too but I didn't have any)...blend well.... add to cooked rice...

Dinner is served!!

No comments:

Post a Comment