I'll give you three guesses on where this sweet corn came from....
My garden...hardly...I don't have one
Grocery Store....good guess..
Gaeddert Farm...BINGO!
My father in-law called this afternoon and said he bought some sweet corn from their stand in Newton. He wanted to know if we'd like some. I wish I had had a cleaver reply like "Do pigs oink?"
We barely got it in the house and Kirsten was taking it apart. She cracked the top and peeled the husk off. Kylie tried but made more of a hairy mess than actual help.
Earlier this week Kendal burned noodles in the microwave. I thought the smell would never leave the house. This afternoon the smell of the corn brings back memories of the farm. Grandma Norma and Grandma Ella used to have their big pots boiling with corn in it. I think of Grandma Ella putting a pound of salt on hers. Grandma Norma rolled them in a gallon of butter. Just that smell brings back so many summer memories.
Sun tea (unsweetened), sweet corn, &cucumbers in vinegar...happy girl.
The debate is which corn holder is the best. Kirsten found these cute cow holders somewhere. We've had them for a couple years now. Kylie says, "Cows eat corn so that's what cows are made of!"
I like the cows but these seem more natural to use. There are no ears or feet to poke into your fingers.
Which do you prefer? Or do you have a special corn holder set at your house?
Check out Gaeddert Farms http://www.kansassweetcorn.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment